Trusting God

Hello lovelies!

Looking back over the past year, I have learnt a lot about trusting God (or rather, God taught me a lot about trusting him).

I've always grown up hearing phrases like "trust God" or "have faith" but I don't think I ever really grasped that concept until 2015. I was thrown into the deep end a few times last year and really needed to lean on God to get through.

Before starting my first uni placement, I was really concerned about finances if I was sent to a rural location. It turned out that I was sent on a rural placement but fortunately my parents contributed towards my finances and I had free accommodation. During this placement however, I kind of lost my way. I was lonely and felt like I was not on the right career path. This caused me to begin questioning a lot of aspects of my life. I actually wrote a blog post at that time if you'd like to read about that in more detail - Too Many Thoughts. I needed to trust God that he'd set me on the right path. I looked back over my 20 years on this earth and I could see that he has placed me in certain situations that lead me to where I am today, and I just needed to trust that he knew what he was doing, and that he would be there for me as I struggled with those thoughts. I had to trust that God has a plan for me and that he wants what is best for me, even if I may not see it at the time. 

I still take a lot of comfort through the verse Joshua 1:9 - Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.


More recently I was auditioning for a web series and was asked to attend a table read to read for the main character. I went into the callback trusting God that whatever happened would be the best thing for me. The web series (and particularly my character) had sexual themes, and although I wasn't clear on what would have been expected of me, it was an aspect that really worried me as a Christian. An actor's life is a messy one... 'Show business' is horrible enough, but it's also tricky to stick to your values as a Christian. Even if you say you're acting, you're still kissing or touching someone and I wasn't sure how I felt about that... I figured that if I didn't get the role, then it was for the best and it meant I wouldn't have to worry about what I may have been asked of. It was a good experience but in the end I was told I didn't get the role merely due to my height. Of course I was a bit disappointed but I trusted that God knew what he was doing and I'm excited to see what he has in store for my life instead. 

God is good!

Hxx

Comments