My Happy Place


This may sound odd, but I have a happy place in my mind where I go to when I’m having a bad day or doing something that is not all that great - ie. the dentist...

In my mind I have snapshots of moments in my life that were particularly special and times when I was extremely happy. One of the best memory snapshots is from a horse ride I went on. I was on a trail ride in the bush at Gympie, Queensland and the sun was starting to set. We came to this hill that had long grass that reached my knees and overlooked the entire valley with the sun setting. We cantered up this hill through the long grass and I remember looking across the valley and thinking that this moment was special. I was cantering on a gorgeous horse through long grass that shimmered in the sunset, catching a glimpse of the most stunning view... 

It should also be noted that horses are my favourite animal and I love riding. Riding a horse is one of the closest things you can get to complete freedom.

So if I’m feeling down, I sometimes close my eyes and think back to that memory and it feels like I’m reliving it all over again. I can feel the wind racing through my hair, the horse’s hooves beating under me, the sun giving it’s final rays and the shimmer it places on the entire valley. I don’t think I’ll ever forget that moment. Even if it only lasted for a few seconds, everything about that moment was perfect. 

I hope I’m not the only one who has memory snapshots like these... If so, I feel sorry for you. 

Go and make some memories that will stick with you forever.

Hxx

Comments