The Fault In Our Stars (TFIOS) ~ John Green


Hello my dear internet friends!

Sorry I haven’t blogged in a while! Uni has been incredibly hectic recently...and it’s only going to get worse from here. It’s late at night and I can’t be bothered going to bed so I thought I’d write a blog post!

I read TFIOS quite a while ago and immediately knew that I wanted to write a review on it but I never actually got around to writing one. So even though I know I’m incredibly late to join the bandwagon, here we go!

Firstly, John Green is simply a genius. 
I actually first discovered John on YouTube and loved his videos so I was keen to read his books when I realised he was an author. 
Although TFIOS is classified as young adult fiction, I think adults would get just as much out of the story and fall in love with it as much as all the love-crazed teenagers are. John writes so eloquently and the characters he creates in TFIOS are oh so loveable. 

Secondly, this novel is a tearjerker.
I very, very rarely cry reading novels. I think the only other time I’ve cried while reading a book was getting tears in my eyes in one of The Hunger Games books (not entirely sure which one or why now but I remember that my eyes welled up). Even if you have a heart of stone, I’d be worried if you didn’t tear up while reading TFIOS. I bawled a lot while reading this...I’m fairly sure they’d be tear stains on some pages.
I love that in one single page of TFIOS, you can start off laughing, then sighing at the relationship ‘cuteness’, and then become a teary mess, all in the space of one page. This novel pulls at your heartstrings and you will not want the story to end. I actually got to a point in the novel where I couldn’t handle the heartbreak any longer, so I left it on my bedside table for a day. I picked it up again the next morning. You will not want the story to end yet you won’t be able to put the book down.

Thirdly and finally, go and read this book now before the film comes out! I’ve heard that the film is coming out in June 2014, but then again I live in Australia and I have no idea if that’s the release date for here or another country. I always believe that reading the book before seeing the film is a better idea. I don’t know about you but I can’t stand reading a book when I know what happens. Most of the time the script uses lines straight from the book and I get bored reading exactly what I have seen on the big screen. In saying that, I really hope the film does the book justice and I’m sure it will. It’s such a lovely story that I don’t think you could make a mess of it. 

Kudos John Green.

Toodle-pip!

Hxx

Comments